NDIS Support Coordination
What is Support Coordination?
The National Disability Insurance Scheme (NDIS) has been established to provide ‘reasonable and necessary’ support to individuals with a severe or permanent disability. Support Coordinators play a very important role in assisting NDIS participants and their informal support networks build skills in implementing choice and direction and to build resilience and capacity within their community.
Support Coordinators will work with participants to:
- Explore the disability and mainstream support system.
- Be informed about all available options.
- Identify providers and services that will best meet individual needs/goals.
- Assist participants or family members to coordinate and/or build on existing services.
- Strengthen informal or mainstream supports.
- Enhance knowledge around and familiarity with NDIS processes.
- Build confidence and capacity to implement and manage their NDIS plan.
- Manage points of crisis should they arise.
- Support participants through the NDIS review process.
At Mai-Wel, we have a diverse team of Support Coordinators who provide experienced and appropriate Support Coordination services to assist participants and their families to implement and manage their NDIS plans.
When choosing Mai-Wel for Support Coordination, you can expect:
- A highly skilled and experienced team of Support Coordinators with a variety of skills to support you to achieve your goals.
- Clear support processes that will help you identify and implement choice, direction and control.
- Access to information and other resources to assist you to make informed decisions.
- Personalised assistantance to build confidence, skills and resilience.
- Structured action planning and review processes.
- Clear action time frames.
- Proactive, open and responsive communication.
Mai-Wel is a registered provider of NDIS Support Coordination services.
Mai-Wel Support Coordination services are provided to participants in the following areas of the Hunter:
- Lake Macquarie
- Port Stephens
We endeavour to provide responsive and targeted support to assist you to achieve your goals and build your capacity to live the life you choose.
The types of Support Coordination that Mai-Wel offers to suit your individual requirements:
Support Connection: A time limited support that is focused on strengthening a participant’s ability to connect with and coordinate their support environment. The main aim is to build skills around participating independently within NDIS processes. Actions often involve increasing capacity, maintaining support relationships and resolving service delivery issues.
Coordination of Support: Focuses on providing assistance to participants with more complex service delivery environments with an aim to strengthen a participant’s ability to connect with and coordinate supports, and to maximise skills around independent participation within NDIS processes. Actions often involve resolving service delivery issues or points of crisis, developing capacity and resilience in a participant’s network and coordinating supports across a participant’s support environment.
How to know if you have Support Coordination in your NDIS plan?
- It will be listed in the NDIS plan under the support category “SUPPORT COORDINATION”
- A total dollar figure will be provided.
- The support category you are looking for may look similar to the example below.
How to access Mai-Wel's Support Coordination services
The Mai-Wel Support Transitions and Referral Team (STaRT) will refer you on to the Support Coordination Team Leader who will review your goals and desired outcomes and allocate you a Support Coordinator who has the skills and experience to work with you. Once you have been referred to the Support Coordination team you will receive a letter of acknowledgement outlining timeframes and the allocation process.
Contact STaRT today to discuss your individual needs.